The impact and outbreak of the COVID-19 is continuing to impact people and communities throughout Australia and the world. The Canberra Rex Hotel’s top priority is the health and safety of our staff, guests, and suppliers. We understand the challenges that our industry faces and we are dedicated to working together to ensure that our business can operate with the restrictions effectively and cohesively. As restrictions change and new protocols are set in place to ensure all staff, guests, and suppliers are protected, we will be continuing discussions with our staff, guests, and suppliers to ensure a smooth transition from what our normal operations were to what our new processes will have to be.
We are carefully monitoring the rapidly changing situation, following all guidance as it is provided by the ACT and Federal Government and in response the Canberra Rex Hotel has introduced the following policies:
- Our team has always ensured that thorough hygiene and cleaning standards were adhered to, and during this time we have increased our hygiene and cleaning protocols, both in our common areas, guests rooms and food and beverage outlets to ensure that you know your safety and well-being is our top priority;
- We have opted to not accept guests who require to isolate and/or quarantine at our Hotel;
- We opted to not participate in the ACT Government Directorates quarantine program to accommodate those who were required to isolate;
- All touch-points are regularly disinfected at set times throughout the day;
- Hand cleaning/hand sanitiser stations are available in all common areas, including at each lift entrance on all levels;
- We are still taking face to face meetings with the appropriate processes maintained;
- All staff have undertaken the necessary Infection Control training as directed by ACT Government;
- Staff have undertaken additional online training from reputable providers to further their knowledge of how we can better manage this current situation;
- We have updated our event spaces and food and beverage outlets capacities to align with the current restrictions;
- We will look after you and we ask that you look after yourself and those around you. To do this, we encourage all staff and guests of our hotel, whether accommodation, conferencing or bar guests, to adhere to the current social distancing measures (1.5m physical distancing) and to stay home if they are feeling ill or have visited a COVID-19 hot-spot;
- Signage is in place throughout the entire venue reminding guests of their distancing and hygiene responsibilities;
- All guests over the age of 16 are required to check in to the venue via the Check In CBR app;
- Our Hotel has always offered a flexible 24-hour cancellation policy for direct accommodation bookings, if you need to change or cancel your upcoming reservation please contact us directly;
- Entry to our Hotel is deemed as acceptance of our venue terms and conditions.
During this period, we have taken the opportunity to undergo a refresh of our Great Room, reception lobby and previous restaurant space. The space formally known as the Brasserie has been transformed into a boardroom space and an additional conference space. The lobby will also feature a new café and seating area available for light snacks and coffee service for all Hotel guests. With the increased number of spaces available for functions, as well as non-conferencing guests, we have optimized the areas available for breakout spaces and catering offerings, which allows us to provide a generous amount of space for all Hotel guests, going above the recommendations from the government. We have also undergone a refresh of our accommodation rooms, ready for you when you are ready to travel again.
We hope that these added precautions provide a little extra peace of mind during your time away from home and as this situation is an ever-evolving one, we will continue to proactively monitor the COVID-19 situation closely, keeping those affected in our thoughts.
For those who have any questions about their upcoming visit to our Hotel, please contact us directly or use the following resources:
Coronavirus Hotline – 1800 020 080
In an emergency, call triple zero (000) for immediate medical help
Smart Traveller – Australian